23 January 2009

How did I do

Not so well but as I expected.

I missed:

  • Brad Pitt (Clint)
  • Melissa Leo (Sally Hawkins)
  • Kate Winslet - The Reader (Kate Winslet - Revolutionary Road)
  • Michael Shannon (Dev Patel)
  • Amy Adams (Kate Winslet)
  • The Dark Knight (The Reader)
  • Stephen Daldry (Christopher Nolan)

The big six: 23/30

Missed screenplays:

  • Frozen River
  • Happy-Go-Lucky
  • In Bruges

The big eight: 30/40

The rest:

Not even counted yet...

There were things I had coming: no The Dark Knight. I knew it would'nt make it but I couldn't go against the consensus. I feel sorry for all those who had hoped for it; we all have felt it. I felt it when Fellowship of the Ring did not win the best picture. And most recently when Brokeback Mountain lost best picture for Crash - I was seriously thinking of giving up this hobby.

I had many of my misses on my alternate list or in no guts, no glory - but they do not count, do they. And Brangelina did happen.

If had to choose the winners now the list would be:

  • Slumdog Millionaire
  • Danny Boyle
  • Mickey Rourke
  • Kate Winslet
  • Heath Ledger
  • Marisa Tomei

But we will see how it goes.

No comments: