21 January 2009

It's never been this hard

Oh brother, it's never been this hard... I think. I don't think this will be a good year; too many categories without a clue. I think I have too many nominations for Benjamin Button and The Dark Knight but what can do I. I can't decide against them.

Best picture:

I still don't feel confident about The Dark Knight but I don't have anything to replace it with. Suddenly I don't feel too good about Milk either but I am still keeping it. Maybe WALL-E can happen, who knows.

Alt: The Reader

Best director:

Usually there is one director without best picture nominations. I think Ron Howard could be left out and Darren Aronofsky but I don't dare to go against Directors Guild.

Alt: Darren Aronofsky

Best actor:

I had to choose between Brad Pitt and Richard Jenkins. I chose Jenkins as I don't see Brangelina happening and I cannot replace Angelina Jolie (she can be snubbed but she is better choice for me than Brad). If she is snubbed maybe Brad can get in.

Alt: Brad Pitt

Best actress:

From Sally Hawkins, Angelina Jolie and Melissa Leo I chose the first two. Melissa Leo can happen, even Kristin Scott Thomas. Kate Winslet can be snubbed (hope not), but this is the way I will go.

Alt: Melissa Leo

Supporting actor:

These predictions are pretty much the same as everyone else's. If there are surprises it could be Ralph Fiennes.

Alt: Ralph Fiennes - The Duchess

Supporting actress:

Pretty much the same as everyone else's.

Alt: Amy Adams

All the rest categories were hard. For some of them I had a feeling where to go (as the screenplays, editing) but some are just guesses. Too much for The Dark Knight and Benjamin Button but as I said I have no choices.

No guts, no glory:

* The Reader for Best picture
* Kate Winslet snubbed for Revolutionary Road
* Ralph Fiennes supporting actor for The Duchess

No comments: