19 January 2007

My Final Predictions.

My final predictions are here. What can i say - this year felt really difficult. The best picture, director, original screenplay and the acting categories were allright but the rest (sigh). This year we do not have easy frontrunners based on an epic (or historical screenplay) with costumes, beautiful art direction, cinematography, music etc. We do not even have "big" movies (without best picture chances) like this as Flags of Our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima (apparently) failed. Years with contemporary films are like this - extremely difficult. Therefore I am not expecting that many correct predictions. But as we know - anything can happen.

This year my heart goes to Helen Mirren and The Departed with fabulous cast and especially my alltime favourite - Marty. I hope this is the year.

No comments: