10 December 2008

Critics Choice reactions

I haven't given up on Revolutionary Road. I am surprised that it was completely snubbed which is very odd. I think we will have to wait and see atleast the Golden Globe and SAG noms. Critics Choice awards used to be very good indicator on Academy Awards but last year wasn't so good (Into the Wild). Therefore I don't think that game is over for Revolutionary Road just yet. AMPAS polls close 12 January and many things can still happen. However, somebody must show some love for Revolutionary Road in the near future. I think Globes will.

Anyway, Slumdog is in. Cate for leading is confirmed. Robert Downey Jr sounds good. But the Revolutionary Road thing must wait for now. If it isn't in there are spots to fill: Dev Petal for supporting and so on. I don't see Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie happening. And the Dark Knight for Best picture; really? I need to be convinced.

And how about The Reader? Apparently Critics liked it but is it too late for Ralph Fiennes to be nominated?

No comments: