26 February 2007

And the winners are

  • Best Picture: The Departed
  • Best Director: Martin Scorsese, The Departed
  • Best Actor: Forest Whitaker, The Last King of Scotland
  • Best Actress: Helen Mirren, The Queen
  • Best Editing: The Departed (Babel)
  • Best Original Song - I Need to Wake Up, An Inconvenient Truth (Dreamgirls - Listen)
  • Best Original Screenplay - Little Miss Sunshine
  • Best Original Score- Babel (The Queen)
  • Documentary - An Inconvenient Truth
  • Documentary Short - The Blood of Yingzhou District
  • Best Supporting Actress - Jennifer Hudson, Dreamgirls
  • Foreign Language Film - The Lives of Others (Pan's Labyrinth)
  • Visuals Effects - Pirates
  • Best Cinematography: Pan's Labyrinth (Children of Men)
  • Best Costume Design: Marie Antoinette (Dreamgirls)
  • Best Adapted Screenplay: The Departed
  • Best Animated Feature: Happy Feet (Cars)
  • Best Supporting Actor: Alan Arkin, Little Miss Sunshine (Dreamgirls - Eddie Murphy)
  • Sound Mixing: Dreamgirls
  • Sound Editing: Letters from Iwo Jima
  • Live Action Short: West Bank Story (Binta and the Great Idea)
  • Best Animated Short: The Danish Poet (The Little Matchgirl)
  • Makeup: Pan's Labyrinth
  • Art Direction: Pan's Labyrinth

I got 14/24. Well, this was a difficult year. Some of my wrong predictions made me very happy such as editing, supporting actor and original song. I think the majority of people had predicted pretty much the same way as I did (at least according to the charts in Oscarwatch) and refering to the that there were quite a few surprises.

Well, I didn't do that well this year but it really doesn't matter since Marty won. I have waited this to happen for so long and pretty much lost my faith during the years. I am happy to include this to my favourite Oscar moments - Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and Francis Ford Coppola presenting the award to Marty. What a night!

No comments: